The Reformed Youth Movement of Nigeria, a youth advocacy group has congratulated Mr Tosin Ajibare, a contestant in last weekends Ekiti governorship election, for being strong and running to the finishing line.
In a statement by the groups national convener, Ejikeme P. Nwosu, he said ‘You lost in the Ekiti Gubernatorial election, but you earned the respect of many of us.’
The statement further reads ‘This is just the beginning, a lot need to be done to win an election in Nigeria even if one is the best candidate. Yes;
1. It requires publicity; candidates name must be know for what they are, who they are and office they want to occupy.
2. It requires structure; a party with structures all over the wards of the nation has more chances of winning an election.
3. It requires massive support of the people; unfortunately many Nigerians don’t know what they are doing. Massive reorientation need to be carried out.
4. It requires coalition; to unseat the powers that be you must form a coalition.
5. It requires money, this is the most important factor. Yes, budget can be cut low but absence of money might not push through a successful campaign even in the United States.
This is time to be on top notch strategies.
REYOM: A better Nigeria is possible.
Ejikeme P. Nwosu