Good day! Below are News stories around Nigeria and abroad:
1. Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was the Special Guest of Honour at a forum tagged “Conversation with the Vice President and Young People, hosted by his Liberian counterpart, Jewel Howard-Taylor on Monday. LEADERSHIP
2. The National Salaries Incomes and Wages Commission says it has initiated the process for the review of the National Minimum Wage. VANGUARD
3. Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state will host South-South governors for a two-day conference on Human Capital Development. VANGUARD
4. The Flying Eagles have defeated Global Soccer Academy 5-1 in a friendly encounter at the FIFA Goal Project Pitch, Abuja. LEADERSHIP
5. The Citizens Coalition for Change said the Zimbabwean police on Saturday fired teargas at an opposition party gathering in Harare and arrested 25 of its members, including two members of parliament. The arrests comes after a wave of politically motivated violence against opposition supporters in rural Zimbabwe, raising fears of repression ahead of the presidential election this year. VANGUARD
6. THE Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Candidate Atiku Abubakar and the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC Asiwaju Bola Tinubu have disagreed over their performance and health status.
While Atiku described the APC candidate as the worst civilian governor in the history of Lagos State, Tinubu dismissed reports about the fragility of his health saying he has been outworking his opponents in the race. VANGUARD
7. The 23 Amoured Brigade of the Nigerian Army Yola has assured Nigerians of its readiness, determination and commitment towards the protection of national security as well as ensuring peace and unity. VANGUARD
8. Medical doctor and everyone’s favourite Instagram doctor, Chinonso Egemba popularly known as Aproko Doctor has revealed that he had a brief battle with a brain tumour.
The social media influencer shared this via his social media page stating that he battled for his life throughout December last year.
9.Tanzania’s opposition leader and former presidential candidate Tundu Lissu has said he will return home this month from exile in Europe to write a new chapter after the government’s decision to lift a ban on political rallies. ALJAZEERA
10. Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has smashed its box-office record by becoming the first film to reach 1 billion Naira in Nigeria since its release in November 2022.
FilmOne, the leading distributor of blockbuster films in Nigeria and The Walt Disney Company Africa announced this. VANGUARD