Voice to Represent (“Voice2Rep”) is a first of its kind music competition searching for top first-time WaZoBia-Pidgin English music artists who support greater representation, participation and accountability across Nigeria.
“Voice2Rep” 2020 Artistes
- Fidelia Pepple popularly called Delia is from the grand Bonny Kingdom in Rivers State; born into the family of Rt Rev. Gabriel Herbert Pepple and raised by a single Mother and her Grandparents. She is the first daughter of a family of four. She studied Linguistics and Communication Studies at the University of Port Harcourt. Delia is a fresh voice out of the vine, a singer, songwriter, and performer. Her style of music cuts across the different genres of music, although her favorite go to genres are soul, jazz, and afro-pop. Delia’s songs and lyrics are deep, inspirational, motivational and a reflection of the happenings in our everyday life. Her unique voice cuts deep every time and she is best known for using a cool blend of English and pidgin in her lyrics to drive home her point.
- Olatide Wright-Adekunle popularly called TIDE is a Nigerian based artist born and raised in Lagos State, Nigeria. He started making music in 2017 and has since released 2 mixtapes and a number of features. Tidé is rather innovative and fluid with his sound which can be described as Afrofusion because of his diversity.
- Oparemi Favour Joshua popularly called Millar is a 21-year-old budding rapper, singer, songwriter, and poet. He’s also an indigene of Oyo town and a final year student of Urban and Regional Planning of the faculty of Environmental Design and Management, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. In a generation where many young artists are losing the plot, Millar stands tall amidst peers and represents the new breed of African creatives who are bent on utilizing their gifts for social consciousness. This is further buttressed by the nature of his debut rap track, Nawa Oh, a song that discusses the numerous ills which plague Nigeria as a nation. When he’s not making music, you’ll either find Millar watching football, movie series, or tweeting. Currently, he’s got a socio-conscious project underway, his Twitter is @oluwa_millar.
- Nanya Ijeh is an Alternative/Afro-soul Singer/Songwriter based in Lagos, Nigeria. She is a graduate of Political Science from Babcock University. Her interest in pursuing music as a career crystallized when she moved to Lagos in 2011 and studied Music Theory, Piano, and Vocals at the Muson Basic School. The beauty of Nanya’s Music is deeply rooted in the tone of her voice, a wide Vocal range, and the powerful emotions her vocals exude. As part of her musical journey, Nanya has worked on movie soundtracks for Uche Jombo Movie Productions and other Nollywood projects. She has also featured on a number of tracks as an on-demand Backing Vocalist for Djinee’s “Shout Out to My Lover“, Glowreeyah Braimah’s “Jesus is Here“, Ric Hassani’s “Anyway“ to name a few. Nanya’s Music is inspired by Love, Social interactions, and spirituality. These have defined the themes of her singles “New Song“, “No Hate“, “Plastic People“ and her most recent release “My Guy“. She is definitely one artist to look out for, as she is on her way to becoming a force to reckon with in the world of music. Social Media Handles Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter—— @nanyaijeh
- Ajanlekoko Emmanuel-David a.k.a JustED is a 20-year-old Theatre arts student, songwriter, rapper, and singer. His sounds spread across soul to hip pop, rap, and afrobeat. JustED started recording music in 2016 under a different stage name and has evolved ever since, he describes music as an organ he can’t do without, a needed mechanism to express himself. Singles and features of JustED can be listened to: https://music.apple.com/ng/artist/justed/1492053838 He promises to bring more heat to the table. Boma
- Beddie-Memberr also is known as Shona is a trade adviser and product designer by profession. A graduate from the Bells University of Technology and Oxford Brookes University with a rubicon creative side, Shona is also a rapper, songwriter, drummer, and choreographer (breakdancing). Her music has a taste of Afrobeat/House and Reggae infused in Hip Hop. Shona’s debut single “He for She” recently made its debut on the Women of Substance Radio, America. Here’s a link to her performance featuring Alternate Sound (Nigeria’s #1 Premium Band) https://youtu.be/eC8fqg4diOk Also, here’s a performance at the Reformers Arise Conference: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Hvza2zcjRVLRn18R6 Shona has a passion for reforming mindsets and transforming nations. Growing up, the likes of 2Pac, Biggie, Lauryn Hill, Tracy Chapman, and Eminem drew her interest in the Hip Hop Culture. In her spare time, Shona could be found skateboarding, playing flag football, basketball, and video games.
- Abah Hope a.k.a jovanni, is a chemical. engineering student, singer-songwriter Barber, poultry farmer who is versatile but can be said to do afro r and b and soul music, amongst other genres, .been doing music for 8years but officially for a year now, working on quite a number of singles soon to be released, here a link to my social media handles to have a little feel of different song covers I have done https://www.instagram.com/p/CDoNY2CAIMS/?igshid=dk19rao3bwg8
- Jeremiah Boniface a.k.a Jezzay is an industrial chemist and computer scientist of top honors from the University of Ilorin, a very distinguished musical artist that majors in Afro and Hip Hop genres with a complementing prowess in song and story writing to solidify his craft, been actively doing music for 5 years and his songs can be listened to via https://www.boomplaymusic.com/share/shareUser/111988702?srModel=COPYLINK&srList=IOS A lot more should be expected from the strange rapper from Kogi,I guess we would just have to wait and find out how he would use his music as a tool for social change Being in Love with Music Her whole Life,
- Kehinde Sarumi joined the Entertainment scene in 2013 and became known as KEIZY SUGARH after graduating from Bowen University, Iwo with a B.SC in Mass Communication. Intrigued with songwriting, recording, and entertaining an audience, she became a full-time Recording & Performing Artist, carving a niche for herself in the Nigerian Music industry. From Performing at Award Shows to Birthday parties, Dinners, Creative events, Street Carnivals, She further mastered her craft to become one of the Best underground Female Rappers in Nigeria. Growing up in a predominantly popular Hip hop & Reggae environment, with Family members already into Music, KEIZY SUGARH embraced the Culture and decided to become a Voice of the People. In 2017, after releasing series of songs, videos, doing covers and features, She teamed up with her Twin Sister, Tasha Rumi, also a Singer & scriptwriter to record a Collaborative EP that has been released on their Birthday every year consecutively titled “D.E.C 16 The EP”. Born on December 16th, 1993, Keizy Sugarh vows to use her music as a tool for Positive Change in Africa and the World at large and that Dream can be seen becoming reality as she won the VOICE2REP 2020 “Women’s Right” Edition by Accountability lab; an NGO sponsored by the Government of the Netherlands. Checkout contents by @Keizy_Sugarh on YouTube & All Social Media platforms. https://youtu.be/X8qpyHFgKmQ
- Faden Elijah Nansel also is known as Ejay is a singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist & record producer. He was born on January 25,1994, & hails from Plateau State. Ejay has always been passionate about music from a tender age, he started playing the guitar aged 7. He also plays the violin, piano, drums, harmonica & recorder. He started music professionally in 2016 after studying Computer Science at Babcock University and has a catalogue of released singles like “Saudi”, “3310”, “I Love You” and his popular 2019 single “Cover Me” has over a million + downloads In order to impact the future generation, he has been a tutor of strings at The Summer Music School which holds annually in Jos since 2018 , mentoring young musicians and even older ones in stringed instruments . He’s a great football enthusiast & likes to play FIFA. Ejay’s music inspirations include Akon, Neyo, Boys II Men, Adam Levine , Lil Wayne & Alicia Keys. His social media handle on Twitter & Instagram is @_TheRealEjay https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nH9-vgIW8gI&list=PLncjeWn_K71Ih98SqVFfF80wYikcwmUWf&index=2