KANO POLICE COMMAND’S PREPARATION FOR A HITCH FREE SALLAH CELLEBRATION.
As celebration for Eid-el Kabir comes forth, the Commissioner of Police Kano State Command CP Rabiu Yusuf psc+ wishes to inform the general public that Meetings were held with sister security agencies in which adequate security arrangement were reinvigorated, deployment of personnel, serviceable vehicles and Force Animals at praying grounds, recreational centers, markets, entry and exit points of the State and all other strategic places to ensure a hitch free celebrations had since been made.
Covert and overt operatives have been deployed to strategic places to maintain orderliness and peaceful celebration. The Command had collaborated with sister security agencies including the Nigeria Army, Nigeria Air-Force, Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), KAROTA, organized a 3 day show of force Patrol within Kano metropolitan to display its collective resolve towards dealing with any form of security threat during the festivities.
The Command also calls on all the good people of Kano State to heed to the following advice:
- Worshippers attending Eid grounds should avoid taking unnecessary objects other than praying mats.
- People attending recreational centers and places of gatherings during the celebrations should be extra vigilant by taking good cognizance of people and objects around them, with a view to report any suspicious objects or movements to the security agencies.
- Motorist should strictly obey traffic rules and regulations and avoid reckless, dangerous driving and over speeding/racing, so as to minimize cases of accident throughout the festive period and beyond. While under aged children and unlicensed persons are not allowed to operate motor vehicles, drivers and passengers should not also forget to use their seatbelts.
- Parents and guardians should accompany their children with adults to guide them throughout the festivities. This will checkmate the rampant cases of missing children.
- The good people of the State are enjoined to bear with the Police and other sister security agencies during the conduct of stop and search around some selected areas. The aim is to perfect a hitch free celebrations and beyond.
- The general public is advised to continue cooperating with all security agencies in the State especially the Federal Road Safety Corps, Civil Defense Corps, KAROTA, Hisbah, Vigilante group and other civil volunteers who are out to maintain law and order.
- The public is also urged to use the occasion to pray for continuous peace, tranquility and economic development in our dear State and Nigeria in general.
- Members of Public are reminded to always be vigilant and report any suspicious person(s) or object to the nearest Police Station/Security outfit for necessary action or to call our emergency lines as follows; 08032419754, 08123821575 and 08075391163.
The Commissioner of Police CP Rabiu Yusuf,psc+ on behalf of entire Officers and men of the Command wishes the good people of Kano a Happy and prosperous Eid-El Kabir in advance.
DSP. MAGAJI MUSA MAJIA
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE