Good day! Below are summery of News stories in Nigeria and abroad:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has urged Nigerians to demonstrate high sense of patriotism to sustain the gains recorded in the war against insurgency. He enjoined the citizens to develop strong confidence in the country and security institutions to deny terrorists chance to destabilise the country again. PULSE
2. The Central Bank of Nigeria will monitor commercial banks to ensure that they comply with the directive of loading the redesigned Naira notes
in their Automated Teller Machines. CBN Director, Currency Operations, Ahmed Umar said that the CBN’s directive was to implement the Jan. 31 deadline withdrawal of old naira notes in circulation. PULSE
3. A suspected warlord from Sierra Leone has appeared in an appeals court in Finland accused of atrocities in Liberia’s civil war. He was a senior commander in the Revolutionary United Front, a Sierra Leonean rebel group that also fought in Liberia. BBC
4. The Nigeria Football Federation has released the fixtures for the 2023 Federation Cup.
The preliminary round and final of the competition at the state level will commence on March 18th and end on March 19, 2023. DAILY POST
5. The CEO of the prestigious Africa Movie Academy Awards(AMAA) Peace Anyiam-Osigwe is dead. The filmmaker and a bigwig in the Nigerian filmmaking sector who is often described as the Queen of Nollywood films died in the early hours of Tuesday, January 10. PULSE
6. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has assured of a hitch-free 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.The board is set to commence the processes for the examination scheduled for February 14. DAILY POST
7. The federal government has commenced the accreditation process of the 20 shortlisted candidates for the replacement of the Accountant General of the Federation, AGF.
The twenty candidates were selected from ministries, departments and agencies. DAILY POST
8. Bandits have killed seven personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and six vigilantes in the Manini area along Kaduna-Birnin Gwari Highway of Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State. DAILY TRUST
9. The federal government has approved the sum of over 4 Billion naira for the award of 219 research grants to successful participants under the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) National Research Fund programme for the 2021 grant cycle. DAILY TRUST
10. The Djibouti authorities have signed a preliminary agreement with Hong Kong Aerospace Technology Group for the development of infrastructure for launching satellites and rockets in the Horn of Africa country. BBC