Good morning below are summary’s from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Security forces have killed Dogo Maikasuwa, a notorious bandit commander in Kaduna State. This was disclosed in a statement signed by Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna, Samuel Aruwan.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has rejected claims that it plans to abandon the transmission of Polling Units (PUs) results and switch to the INEC Result Viewing (IReV) portal.
National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, said this on Friday in Abuja.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has promised to relocate the Ministry of Niger Delta to the South–South if elected in 2023. Speaking during a breakfast meeting with the Abuja Business Community on Friday, the PDP candidate said the ministry has no business in Abuja.
4. The lady who jumped into the Lagos Lagoon Thursday afternoon has been identified as Adetutu Adedokun, a staff member of the Department of State Services (DSS). Adedokun had jumped into the lagoon following a heated argument with her boyfriend, who was said to have recently proposed to her and they were about getting married.
5. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has reportedly informed members of his kitchen cabinet to explore further avenues to resolve the lingering crisis with the five aggrieved governors. The G-5 governors had said they were still open for talks.
6. The Federal Government has filed an amended seven-count terrorism charge against the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu. The amended charge marked FHC/ABJ/CR/383/2015, bothered on allegations against the IPOB leader that were earlier sustained by the trial court.
7. Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied any involvement in the crisis currently rocking the Peoples Democratic Party. A statement signed by his Media Adviser, Ikechukwu Eze, denied reports that the aggrieved governors are loyal to him.
8. The police in Plateau State on Friday confirmed the arrest of a 25-year-old boy, Bernard Danlami, for stoning his father to death in the Mangu Local Government of the state. The state Commissioner of Police, Onyeka Bartholomew, confirmed Bernard’s arrest while addressing journalists on the activities of the command at its headquarters in Jos on Friday.
9. Bandits have reportedly killed five people in Peva village, Kastina-Ala Local Goverment Area of Benue State. Locals said the affected village in Kastina-Ala borders communities in Takum LGA of Taraba State.
10. A Federal High Court in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has disqualified 16 House of Assembly Candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Justice Turaki Mohammed delivered the verdict in a case brought by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
CULLED FROM DAILY