Good morning! below are summary of five stories that got people talking within the week:
1. The Federal Government had unveiled the redesigned 200, 500, and 1000 naira notes to the public. It was unveiled at the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday. Many citizens had expressed mixed reactions towards the note as some people criticised the government for using snap chat filter to redesign the note.
2. Big brother Naija star, model and actor, Pere Egbi had shared one of the dreams he hopes to achieve someday shocking many of his fans.
The BB star tweeted that “one of his dreams is to stand on the pulpit someday and preach the gospel to tens of millions.
He further added that it is one of the last things he wants to do before leaving earth.
3. Popular gospel singer and Welu Welu crooner, Sammie Okposo, has died. The musician slumped on Friday morning at the age of 51. However, according to the statement released by the deceased’s sibling, Hector Okposo, the family is consoled as Sammie is reportedly, happily singing with angels in heaven.
3.Senegal defeated host Qatar 1-3 in a Group A match at the 2022 World Cup, becoming the first African side to win a game in the tournament.
4. Manchester United, confirmed that they have terminated Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract “with immediate effect”. This was revealed in a terse statement posted on their social media handles.
5. The United States Government has threatened sanctions, including visa restrictions, on politicians planning to interfere with the democratic processes or instigate violence in the 2023 general elections. It also backed the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to deploy the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) and Electronic transmission of results.